Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My take on those little boxes...

I don't have the XL Sizzix die to make those pretty boxes I have been seeing, so I decided to use the tutorial for the drink box holder, I scaled the measurements WAY DOWN, and after some trial & error, this is what I came up with.


I have this one in my hand, so that you can get a better idea of the size of the little box. The two sides stick out by 1 1'2" instead of 3" like the drink box. And the handle part is 3" tall only. It would be better with the oval punch for handle, like Teri (Big Ideas from a Little Girl) uses on hers, but guess what?? I DON'T have one!!!
Well now to use good cardstock, and mass produce these to give some friends for Easter filled with goodies.



12 comments:

Joy said...

wow...you created a lot of those! good job on figuring out the dimensions to your personal own box/easter basket! I know how trial and error can get frustrating but yours came out great! I can't believe you don't already have everything! haha! I better get a move on to making my own stuff for Easter!!!

**CrEaTiNgWiThAlOhA** said...

i love these Denise...would you mind posting your measurements...i don't have the sizzix die either and i wanted to try...these came out so cute...

Tammy said...

Super cute Denise....I'd love to try it out. I just make the drawer from yesterday's post. I was checking out Toy's site and ran into the demo.
I'll have to give this little box holder a try.
TFS

Anonymous said...

well you've been one very hopping busy little lady!!!! You have got more ambition than I do!

stampinfrog said...

Ohhh Denise, this box is so cute! Fantastic idea for easter!TFS
Hugs, Connie

Nannieflash said...

I think youve made a brilliant job of these Denise, Im sure whoever receives them will think they are very lucky. Well done love Shirleyx

Mary said...

So cute!!!

Unknown said...

So adorable! You did a great job :)

Rleen said...

WOW! Denise, your boxes are gorgeous! I love the colors and the cute image.

Hugs,
Arlene

Rita said...

Cute, I luv your little box, great for easter.

Risa said...

You are great at figuring out measurements Denise! I love your scaled down version!
hugs
Risa:)

Gigi's World said...

Denise, your take on the boxes is great! Looks as if you're staying extra busy with making Easter gifts and beautiful beading.